Monday, November 12, 2012

Mornings

"the early bird catches the worm" - author unknown

Mornings have become my favorite time of the day.  The house is quiet, everyone is asleep.  The house has been cooled down from the evening - so in summer it is perfect.  In the winter, I can put on slippers and a sweatshirt.  I am, usually, up moving by 3:30.  Sometimes, I will sleep in until 5.  I can't wait for that first cup of coffee, the smell, the first yummy taste in my favorite mug.


When my husband was still working I would get up early to get the coffee started, get his lunch and breakfast together and send him out the door by 4:15.  His favorite coffee cups are my grandma's Jadeite mugs that she gave him.  She had them for years and he would always drink out of them when we visited the ranch.


Then it was my time to study for school, while the boys were still sleeping.  The only noises were the kids sleeping and the creaks in the house.  I finished school, went back to work, still made hubby his coffee and then I became creative.  It was my time to work on a creative project because I was so exhausted when I got home from work.  These days it is just me in the morning, since hubby lives in Hawaii, but it has been nice having him home, returning to an old routine.  It feels familar.

I love being able to sit at my craft table or dining room table watching the sun rise outside my windows.  It is so peaceful - it is bliss.


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 cen