Sunday, November 10, 2013

Mr. K's Birthday

We celebrated my grandson's first birthday a couple of weeks ago and I finally got the pictures finished.  Hubby and I did all the cooking - my sister made the most adorable, yummy monster cupcakes for the party.  My mom made Mr. K's Hawaiian shirt, this will be a keeper.


My sister made 5 different cupcakes.  The purple guy had a big gumball to hold the head up.


They ordered the cake with the Hawaiian monsters on it.  It was really cute, but the cupcakes tasted better.


His smash cake - which he enjoyed.  We had our Hawaiian friends sing "Happy Birthday" in English and Hawaiian to him.  It was very special. 


 This was every one's favorite cupcake.


The shirt that my mom made for him.  I bought the material on a recent trip to Hawaii.



The smash cake - love this picture.  I feel he is saying "back away from my cake and no one gets hurt".

It was a lot of work, but so much fun.  The party started at 1 and the last people left at midnight.  I was smart enough to volunteer to take the baby home, so I could sleep.

I am linking up for Saturday Snapshots go check out all the goodies.



2 comments:

  1. what cute pictures! I love the smash cake one. My oldest little man wanted nothing to do with his smash cake.. lets see what my other one does with his in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those cakes are amazing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

09 10 cen