Sunday, August 18, 2013

Hawaiian Stockings

I was so excited to see the Hawaiian quilts on Polka Dot Chair from her vacation that I decided to pull out my stockings that I started last November.  I haven't worked on them at all.  I am making them for my grand babies and now, I need to add two more.  One for a great niece and another grand daughter coming in November. 

I bought a huge fat quarter pack, so they all coordinate.  I only need to use half of a fat quarter to make the actual design.  Each pattern was picked for each child's name or birth order.  I, now, have the problem of having two babies with the same middle name and two with the same middle and first name.  Of course, those two were the two hardest patterns to find.  Lucky for me, my friends in Hawaii are searching for double patterns and I will be there in a couple of weeks.


The stocking order (also birth order) from left to right is:
Siouxsie, Kayleigh, Morrigan, Caleb, Keahi,
Remie, Bowie, Elizabeth and Lily



Pattern is Lily - picked this pattern because that is her middle name.


Pattern is Plumeria - picked because this is my favorite Hawaiian flower and this grand child is named after me.


Pattern is Hibiscus - this grand child loves to pull the flowers off my plant every time she comes over.


Pattern is Kahili - picked this pattern because there is a joke about his dad being the Japanese prince, so that would make him one too.


Pattern is Maile - maile is a vine that grows in Hawaii that smells wonderful.  This grand child's middle name is Ivy.

The other patterns I picked and need to applique are:
Breadfruit - for my first born grand son, it is a traditional pattern
Rose - for the grandchild and great niece with the middle name of Rose
Lily - for my last born grandchild coming in November, it will be her first name

I can't wait to get them finished, so excited.  I was able to work on quilting the Kahili, a little today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 cen